Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Times Square (Take Two)...



After the Altar Boyz, the time had come that I had been mentally preparing for since Thursday. Derek has band practice in Williamsburg (across the river) so it was up to me to entertain myself for a couple of hours, then get back home in Harlem. (Shhh. Don't tell my mom, you know she worries!) So joyfully I checked out Times Square, took some more pics and caught up on some souvenir shopping for a few hours. It was spine tingling cold, the bloody wind was out of control! When I finally had had enough I started to head back to the subway stop... only, I spaced out the entrance address I needed. I didn't need to create a Home Alone 2: Lost in New York sequel. It took a bit but to get my barrings, but I finally tracked it down and was very thankful to be heading uptown on a wind-free train. I felt so accomplished and proud. Minus the little hiccup I did quite well. And how did I celebrate navigating the streets of New York all by my lonesome? Taking a thirty-minute hot shower to un-thaw!







Yay! I found the right station! Phew!

No comments: