Friday, December 12, 2008

Night Falls...





After wrapping up an early evening in Central Park we decided to head back to Derek's place to clean up and prepare for the rest of the day's activities. He wanted to show me Tavern on the Green (pictured below) but it was closed for a private party. I still managed to get a few pics of their Christmas lights from afar, but I hear the inside was amazing.





For dinner we settled on Mexican, and dined at the kitschy El Centro in the Hells Kitchen area. It was delicious and popular with the locals. The colorful, eccentric, slightly tacky-but-in-a-good-way decor was great eye candy while we waited for our "eye food" to arrive. Once again, a yummy dinner in New York City. Also once again, thank you to Flickr.com, I didn't take any photos of this restaurant. They were probably taken in June. Don't let that man on a bike fool you. It was cold. And much darker. See photos below so see just how dark.

These photos were taken from Columbia University/Morningside Park. We are overlooking Harlem where Derek lived. Right down below, you can actually see his Brownstone! After a few dozen, er, hundred steps down a long staircase we were back home to get ready for dinner. (See pics above this portion, I just realized I got them out of order and am too lazy to fix it. On to the next post if I ever want to finish.)

No comments: