Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas...

Christmas morning started bright and early, well technically the sun just rising, so it wasn't that bright... but it was early! We woke up and went over to watch Brylee open her presents from Santa. She looked like a little ragamuffin, but had a blast. Shanna and Marty then went to her parents in Salt Lake for brunch with her family.
They made their way back to my parent's house to have our present exchange later that afternoon. The only problem with this arrangement is that Brylee falls asleep on the ride there and when she is woken up from a nap she can be quite the bear. It took a while for her to be enthusiastic about opening presents, but she finally came around. My Mom & Dad got her pretty much every Disney princess dress up costume they sell. And being the fabulous uncle that I am, I was quite generous... without going too overboard. Mom and Dad made it possible for me to get a brand new iMac. (Which I LOVE!) Marty and Shanna made me work for my gift, instead of giving me a gift card they gave me $50 of folded up dollar bills in a big box of shredded paper. Shanna was grinning ear to ear the whole time. After dinner we went to visit my Grandma Bernice. That was about the time the storm finally blew in. All and all it was a nice Christmas with the family. It's definitely more fun having the little one around! And next year we'll have two!
















No comments: