Monday, November 30, 2009

Chicago 2009...



Yet another amazing city crossed off my list. Slowly but surely I'll see this wonderful world we live in. It helps making great friends in fun places to play host. I really enjoyed my time in Chicago. Here's a few highlights:

- Rainy weather to start, but cleared up for the rest of the vacation. Still cool-cold, but nothing I couldn't handle. Plus I got my money's worth out of my Pride umbrella.

- Delicious food, but no Chicago dog-- but I did enjoy the 8th best Wings in Chicago.

-While we did technically miss the Halloween parade, partially due to a timely make-up process (the long line at the thrift shop didn't help) we were quite popular and many people snapped pictures of us on their phones. I know I'm on many a Twitpic out there!

-Lots of people made comments passing us in our Halloween costumes, even yelling from cabs. They best thing yelled at us. I can't write here. This is a semi-family blog. Email me if you want to know.

- Finding brunch in Boystown is harder than you might think.

- Spoiler Alert: I'm glad the girl died in Drag Me To Hell. Payback for killing her cat.

- Those weren't fireworks I heard on Halloween night.

- I got quite good at riding public transportation (L Train/Buses) and only once embarrassed myself by inserting my pass in upside down.

- I'm usable. (That's a compliment btw, and not what you might think.)

- I Go is a brilliant idea for city living! There was a location a few blocks from Randy's house. The Prius was my favorite.

- Andersonville (a.k.a. Mandersonville) (a.k.a at least by me as Swedenland) is a super quaint area of Chicago, just don't go looking for a dinner restaurant on a Monday night.

- The L Train is LOUD. I'm amazed at how many people's residences are RIGHT UP AGAINST IT! I guess rent is more affordable. Just stock up in good ear plugs!

- Walgreen's is a great to stock up on Coke Zero and Sour Berry Gummy Live Savers. (Not eaten not together FYI)

-Even with two H&M's within walking distance of each other, I still spent zero dollars at either. (Shocking I know!)

- David Schwimmer is one of Chicago's own.

- Margie's Candy & Ice Cream Shop is 88 years old. My grandma was born the year that it opened. Also, it was delicious and provided a great last dessert in Chicago. (Nom nom nom)

- Coolest streetlights ever.

1 comment:

RSN023 said...

Brunch in Boystown must only be a Sunday thing...Hopefully it will expand to Saturday as well, sometime soon.

All good things to know for your next trip! You are welcome, anytime!!