Thursday, May 24, 2007

IKEA-MANIA! A Recap...

May 23, 2007... A day that will be forever remembered. Yes, this is real, it is not a dream!

Candace, Lisa, Jeff and myself arrived at IKEA about 8:30 am. The doors opened at 9:00 am and it took about 20 minutes us to walk through the front doors; to much fanfare mind you. It was crowded with fellow IKEA-lovers, but it wasn't unbearable. We put in a good full day worth of shopping and left around 3:00 pm.

For being four of the first 2,500 people in line we all got mystery prizes. Lisa and I both got $10 IKEA cards, Jeff got a free hot dog and Candace lucked out with a free frozen yogurt.

I spent the most, followed closely by Candace. Jeff and Lisa trailed spending a measly $50 and $40 respectively.

Enjoy the following pictures and recap of the Best Day Utah's ever had... well at least since a bunch of pioneers and their wives showed up in this valley.

2 comments:

sarah marie. said...

yeah for casey!

candacelydia said...

Yes indeed, it was the BEST DAY Utah has seen since, um, Macy's came to town?, and that doesn't even pale in comparison... I had to pinch myself later that night to make sure I wasn't dreaming :o) Then I went back on Friday, to REALLY make sure I wasn't dreaming. Sure enough, IKEA is still there, and I haven't stopped talking about it since. Thanks Casey, Jeff and Lisa (and of course IKEA) for a freakin awesome day!