Monday, November 29, 2010

Love List | November Edition...


A GAY CON, A SEXY SUB AND 11 MORE THINGS
THAT MADE FOR A NIFTY NOVEMBER


1|iPHONE 4
Yup.


2|GWYNETH PALTROW
With all due respect to last month's number one on the Love List, I kindly have to recall my Best. Glee. Guest. Star. of. the. Season. award and give that to Mrs. Coldplay. Only I'll raise that to: Best Guest Star of Glee's Past, Present and Future. Gwyneth exceeded my wildest fantasies with her role as substitute teacher Holly Holiday. I was grinning ear to ear and laughing-out-loud each time she was on screen. She can sing! She can do comedy! She can dance! (Hello!? That umber-ella-ella-singing-in-the-rain number totally made me wet.) Here's hoping Mr. Shue calls in sick more often. If you missed it, check it out on Hulu, while you can.


3|APPS
This could be dangerous! There literally is an app for everything-- and a buck here and a buck there are surely going to add up. But they are essential for any iPhone user, and which as you can see from #1, is now me. I'm sure you'll be hearing all about my favorites in upcoming Lists. So stay tuned...


4|MY NEW LUGGAGE SET
I got a pair of rolley-suitcases for my birthday, but I only recently got to break them in with my back-to-back Chicago and Disneyland getaways. They were incredible and felt as if they were just gliding on air. (Not sure how cool I look guiding them, but that's beside the point.) Their great value (Costco, holla!) made it all that much better. Now I just have to plan a few more trips so I can break them out of storage again. Accepting donations now!


5|I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS
I know this movie isn't even released until Christmas, but I got to watch it early (I have connections!) and it was hilarious. It's based on the real life events of con artist, impostor, and multiple prison escapee Steven Russell. You will want to check this out when it hits the theaters (or Netflix if your cheap... and patient) but point is just see it. Until then, the trailer will hold you over. You won't believe what some people do in the name of love. Again, you'll have to remind yourself. Based on wild and crazy actual events!


6|WHATAYA WANT FROM ME
by PINK & ADAM LAMBERT (MASH-UP)
7|
RAISE YOUR GLASS by PINK
8|FIREWORK by KATY PERRY
This song was co-written by Pink and recorded for both her album Funhouse (though it never made the cut), and Lambert's For Your Entertainment, but it gets a mash-up treatment HERE. And it's pretty freaking amazing! Check it out! I love Pink so much, she's earned not one, but two nods on November's list. To her I totally raise my glass. And I'm not sure how, but somehow Katy Perry even found her way onto my iPod this month. But I partially blame being hypnotized by her magic firework shooting breastses. I've found a few great remixes too. I'm warming to her.


9|PARKS AND RECREATION: SEASON 2
Since NBC is making me wait until January for all new episodes P&R, (Bastards!) I was beyond thrilled to find Season 2 had made it's way to Netflix: Watch Now status. This month as I tucked myself into bed, I ventured off to Pawnee, Indiana to watch the wild and hilarious adventures of one Leslie Knope. This has became one of my favorite TV series, and the whole cast is pure comedy perfection. If you're not watching this show, I'd advise you to start. You can thank me later.


10|BRIAN 'THE BEARD' WILSON
As you know I always cheer for the team from the city I'd rather visit. So when it came time for the 2010 baseball championship playoffs, San Francisco Giants were a no-brainer. Even more so after the fact, after I learned a little bit more about their smokin' pitcher, it made my decision all the more easy. I mean cummon! Go Giants!!


11|WASATCH PUMPKIN ALE
This round's on me! (So yummy!)


12|THE WALKING DEAD
It seems like I've been into the living-dead a lot lately, huh? From last year's kick-ass Halloween costumes to the hilarious comedy Zombieland; they've definitely been showing up. I guess I can trace it back to when I met my zombie-loving friend Randy. As it so happens, his month I stumbled upon AMC's surprise hit The Walking Dead when it debuted on Halloween night (fittingly enough) while visiting my friend Randy in Chicago (fittingly enough). And I'm not the only one digging this new series, only a couple episodes in, it already has earned a coveted Entertainment Weekly cover. Looks like this show is gonna be around for a while, as long as no one shoots it in the head first.