Friday, December 6, 2013

Grateful...



My Grandma spent most of December 4th unresponsive in the hospital (after a fall a few days earlier.) That morning she had told the nurses, "Tell my children goodbye for me".  They sent her back to the Assisted Living center and notified her family.  Those of us who were able to visit rushed over that evening.  A crazy thing happened she rallied and the entire time we were there she was present and clear minded and recognized us. (Although all the people and even more so all the pictures confused her.)  We all thought maybe this was a false alarm.  She had been suffering from dehydration and the only thing she wanted was a Pepsi.  We got her one and she enjoyed every last drop of it (holding on to that cup with a death grip!).  When it was time for us all to depart home, she begged us all not to leave.  "Oh you don't have to go now, just stay a little later, you can leave in the morning."  I haven't seen her as much as I'd like over the past several months, but words cannot express how grateful I am for this Wednesday evening visiting with my Grandma.  She passed early the next morning. xo-




No comments: