Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sal Tlay Ka Siti...

My friend Scott rode his bike down from Canada on a vacation through the western USA last week, with a pit stop in good ol' Salt Lake City [on Sunday June 20th]. Of course, I had to do what any good friend would do and play amateur tour guide for my hometown. We hit up all the obvious landmarks like Capitol Hill, Temple Square, and of course Squatter's. After a day of torrential rains, the sun came out as if Jesus himself was saying 'Welcome to my hood.' Despite it's reputation, Salt Lake really is an amazing, clean and beautiful city. I'm happy to show it off.

*And for the record, the top photo was not altered in any way, that is just how it turned out when I took a picture of the big house. Hmmm... Regardless, I love it.

1 comment:

Charles W. Abel said...

Love the photos! Looks like you guys had a great time in Sal Tlay Ka Siti!

Your right, the siti does look beautiful, esp. with the ominous overtone of some of your photography -- which, I too love.