Tuesday, February 13, 2007

One-and-a-half blocks...



As you may have heard there was a major incident that occured last night at the Trolley Square Mall. An 18 year old gunman opened fire killing five and wounding four more before police shot him. You may not know, but I live exactly one-and-a-half blocks west of Trolley Square. It was crazy to hear all the police and ambulance sirens zooming by my front windows and helicopters flying over head, knowing all this was all going on just down the street from me. My heart goes out to the families of those that are injured and those no longer with us.

The ironic thing is that last July one-and-a-half blocks south of my house is where 5 year old Destiny Norton lived and found murdered. It seems like I live in the hood or something. Really I don't. I just happen to live a-block-and-a-half from two of Salt Lake's recent and notorious incidents.

1 comment:

sarah marie. said...

i'm just sick about this.