Thursday, August 31, 2017

LOVELIST | August...


After years of patiently waiting, I finally got to say Heeelllllllllooooo to the touring The Book of Mormon musical when it came home to this perfect, happy place-- Sal Tlay Ka Siti.  We left Eccles Theater with tears in our eyes and our sides hurting from uncontrollable laughter (I'm sure there was probably a little tinkle as well). Even better, it was extra special seeing it amongst the hometown crowd who was in on all the jokes.  Best Broadway show I've ever seen. I Believe!         
Calling to the runway, run-way, ruh-ruh-run-runway: Alexis Michelle, Farrah Moan, Trinity The Tuck Taylor, Kimora Blac, Shea Couleé, Nina Bonina Brown and season 9 winnah Sasha Velour.  It's a War on the Catwalk and my #dragbro Josh and I could not have been left more gagged.  Yaaaas Queens!
In the stylistic beautifully shot action-thriller Atomic Blonde, a sexy bad-ass undercover MI6 agent is sent to Berlin during the Cold War to investigate the murder of a fellow agent and recover a missing list of double agents.  So, Charlize Theron has always been my favorite, but this flick cements my girl-crush on her now more than ever.  And the perfect 80's throwback soundtrack only adds to my love of this movie. Easily one of my favorite of the year.
Destination: Hades Campground in the beautiful Ashley National Forest.  It was so nice getting back out to nature for the first time this year with some of my favorite people.  It's amazing all this exists in my all around me. Next Summer I'll take better advantage of that perk.    
'Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes' aid as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand.' -RT
I pretty much cried through every episode of my Long Lost Family binge, where people search for long lost relatives.  Being adopted it really hit close to home. It's a beautiful moving series, just have plenty of Kleenex handy!
Skateboarder Rick McCrank explores Abandoned places with the people who love them long after the lights have gone out in this fascinating Viceland series.  
Last month I was Love Listing the new singles that Kesha was dropping in preparation of her new album Rainbow's release.  Once it finally came out this month, it only confirmed why I'm Team Kesha. You go Girl. Rock on!  Additional Favorite Tracks Include:  Rainbow, Hunt You Down, Boots and Let 'Em Talk.
 Hey Billy and Julie, why ya gotta be so Difficult?!   
Bring on Season 3! 
Tina Fey, how I love you girl and everything you ever do. So it should come to no surprise that your recent Weekend Update pop-in left me cheering; A blistering take down of the recent terrorist attack in Charlottesville, with a mouth full of dessert.  I raise my fork and say Amen- now pass that sheet cake!  
If you would have told me years ago that I would include Taylor Swift anywhere near my Love List, I would have called you crazy and probably slapped you across the face (for dramatic effect.)  But Taylor, look what you made me do!  Sorry, that was the old Anti-T. Swift Casey, he can't come to the phone right now, why, because he's dead.  There's just something I just love about this catchy song and companion music video. I'm looking forward to what else her upcoming Reputation has to offer.  
      ❤  
Watch it HERE.   
I love it when friends come to/through and visit Sal Tlay Ka Siti.  My buddy Kenji was in town for a wedding this month, and I got a couple days to play host and hang. It was fun showing off where I call home and spending quality time with an awesome guy.  So who do I get to lay out the welcome mat for next? 
Project Runway just started off it's 16th Season and MTV's The Challenge kicked off it's Dirty 30th, and I've been tuning in since the beginning for each go-'round.  I wonder if will ever quit these guilty reality pleasures, so far the outlook doesn't look very likely.

No comments: