Friday, June 30, 2017

LOVELIST | June...


When Greg's away, the Casey gets to-- watch soccer.  I scored a free ticket (fourth row, no less) when my pal Philip invited me to my first ever Real game this month because his hubby was out of town.  Despite the loss, we had a great time.  The eye candy (on and off the field) surely helped.  And the dazzling firework show topped off an awesome and amazing night.  Yay Sports!  
No 'Drama, but remember a few months ago when I named K. Flay my likely Artist of the Year... well, that may have been a bit premature. I didn't realized my favorite indie-kiwi pop star was soon releasing a new album of her own. Good Lord, from the first listen I was obsessed.  Favorite tracks include: SoberHomemade Dynamite, Supercut and Green Light. (But honestly I really love every song, truth be told.) 
 Before we went to #7, Candace, Emily, Jeff and I went to one of the coolest places in the city for dinner.  The atmosphere, the food, the service at Bodega... it was all so incredible.  Located downtown, the unassuming hip basement speakeasy has done something I've never experienced before: giving me a freakin' Foodgasm!  Be sure to try and get Ky as your server too. She was the whip cream, sprinkles, nuts and cherry on what was the most amazing night out.  I can't recommend this place enough.  Commencing Rave now.
Two of my all time favorite Ru girls came to Salt Lake for Pride weekend.  The entire city said Hiiieeeeee to Alaska (that club was PACKED!) and we'd never sue the fierce and fantastic Miss Nina Bonina Banana Fofana Osama Bin Brown. Both killer queens gave stellar performances that left me gagged.
 It's no Wonder... Females are Strong as Hell!  #GirlPower! 
Sun-day is a Special Day, it's the day we show our Pride Day.  From the Parade, to chilling (er, sweltering rather) at the Fair, to the Big Freedia concert, to the Princess Kennedy Pride Party at the Green Pig to the delicious after pizza-party at the Pie Hole. This was possibly the most fun SLC Pride yet! 🌈
Every one's favorite Andys (well not counting Andy Dwyer, of course) came to Salt Lake's Eccles Theater this month for an intimate night of cocktails and story telling. The forever friends were so damn charming and entertaining.  I had a blast watching them drink and spill the tea with the fine folks of Utah.
RE5IST! 
Big Freedia and her three phenomenal(!) back up dancers (must be jelly cuz jam don't shake!) shut down Pride and ended the whole weekend on a high note, with a concert performance that gave me life!  It was such a blast!
'Now that Chris and his girlfriend have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate.  At first, he reads the family's overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter's interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he could have never imagined.' -RT  Normally I have a No Horror Movies rule in my house, but I'd heard really good things about Get Out. I'm glad I made an exception. 
Another new music discovery thanks to Spotify recommendations. Favorite Tracks Include:  Hate That You Know Me, Don't Take the Money, All My Heroes and Let's Get Married.    
Clearly, some guilty pleasure habits will never be broken. Big Brother, Ink Master and Face/Off are three of mine and are all back for the Summer.  So crank the A/C and enjoy the tattoos, the special- effects and the fighting strangers locked in a house.  
Some of my absolute favorite artists finally released some new music month.  Just in time for that Songs of Summer 2017 playlist. Scissor Sisters, Marina and the Diamonds, St. Vincent, Monarchy and Adam Lambert have all been on heavy rotation around these parts!   
 Full disclosure time: I'm not the biggest Modest Mouse fan.  There I said it, but I'm never going to turn down an invite to hang out with my buds Greg and Philip (and their friend Nic).  So while it wasn't my favorite concert ever, the boys I was with, totally were.
I'm still not sure why it blew up like it did and became a 'Thing', but all the silly Babadook memes filling my feed this month left me Baba-shook!

No comments: