Friday, June 26, 2015

Love Won!...








I'm reflecting tonight about the historic day that we all just experienced. I'm thinking about all those brave brothers and sisters who risked their lives, worked tirelessly and fought courageously for change; but sadly never got to see the delicious fruits of their labors. All the fear, hatred and persecution they lived through. It's almost unimaginable. 

Could they ever foresee a day when the majority of Americans support gay rights... When most major corporations incorporated Pride rainbows into their logos... When the White House was transformed into a glowing Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue and Purple House? 

What would it be like if I was born in the pre-Stonewall era or during the early years of the AIDS crisis? It's so much easier to exist in these current times. I feel a bit guilty that I take them for granted. Change didn't come over night. I guess the best way I can honor their work is for me to start living a more authentic life. Tonight I honor all those that came before me that made my life a little easier. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  
🌈

No comments: