Friday, October 5, 2012

5,282 Days Later...


I started working the Front Desk of the Best Western Salt Lake Plaza Hotel a few months after I first moved to Salt Lake City.   I worked my way up to Reservations Assistant, to Reservations Manager over the years, and finally to Shila's right hand man (unofficially the  Front Desk Assistant Manager.) Time flew by, countless co-workers have came and gone (and several came back again!) Made many friends. I went to school, got an Associates Degree.  A recession hit.  I stayed. Time ticked on. I got burned out. And so I finally grew a pair, and decided this Summer that this was the year that I FINALLY took the leap and venture on to something new.  (I'm not getting any younger after all!)  So I'm trusting that my natural talents will serve me well, and the universe will be kind providing a refreshing and exciting new chapter. (The last one was a novel in and of itself.)  I'm leaping.  Can't wait to see the net that appears.

I always have to leave my mark.
I've looked at this magnet on my fridge for over 10 years.
I'm glad I finally took it's advice!


1 comment:

sarah marie. said...

good luck casey! so proud of you. it is so hard to take a leap of faith. i need to do it more.