Thursday, August 30, 2012

♥LIST: August Edition...



 I haven't been to Lagoon in over a decade (no checking in on Facebook or snapping Instagram pics back then)  so, I figured  it was time to head back.  (I need to do something fun this Summer!)  I convinced my friend Jeff to join in on my little adventure since most of my other local friends are lame "Don't like roller coasters."  A lot of things have changed in 12 years... but it was odd at how strangely familiar it felt.  Yes they still have the little boats that I rode as a child and the the white wood rollercoaster looks like it's seen better days (but it it's still operating safely) but there were also plenty of new and exciting thrill rides as well to enjoy.  This Sunday getaway filled my void for some quality theme park time until I can make it back to the likes of Disneyland or Six Flags.. but while I'm stuck here in Utah, "It's what fun is."


I haven't read the very popular books and I missed it in theaters this Spring.  Going into it, I had no clue what The Hunger Games was actually about.  (No, it's not a documentary about my latest diet)  So, if you're in the same boat and clueless, here's a primer.  It's set in a future  post-apocalyptic nation of Panem. The prosperous Capitol City selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place.  I thought the movie was great and I can't wait to see the sequel, Catching Fire when it comes out late next year. At least it gives me plenty of time to check out the trilogy in paperback before it hits the big screen.


Anastasia Steele is one lucky lady.  Just sayin'.


Jurassic Park is one of my all time favorite movies!  Bored one night, I stumbled across this new iPad game... You know I had to download it!  Think of it like a Dinosaur Sim City, but only cooler.  I've spent more time than I'd like to admit expanding my park, building roads, buying dinosaurs and making money from visitors.  Still saving up for a T-Rex though!  Welcome to Casey's Jurassic Park!


From the inventive imagination of Louis C.K., Louie puts a spotlight on C.K.’s everyday ordeals, his quest to find love and his pursuit of humor. Each episode features a scripted story and a mix of his stand-up comedy, which is original material for the series. The single-camera comedy is shot in New York.  The series debuted in June of 2010 and was widely hailed by critics as one of the best new series of the year.  I'm only a few episodes in, and I'm already hooked!


Rest assured, it's not what it sounds like. I am not obsessed witih Evangelical Television or anything crazy like that.  This month i just stumbled on up and coming 24-year-old Christian TV (real name: Christian Berishaj) and his aggressive synth-pop  tunes, which are perfect for the gym!  (I found it on a cardio workout playlist after all)  Check out When She Turns 18, Love 2 Baby and especially 1,2,3 Turnaround. See what I mean? I can't wait to see what else he has in store when his forthcoming first album debuts.


I bought my kitties their own tablet game this month, and I think they are now more obsessed with my iPad than I am.  Especially Mit!  He can be in the depths of a cat nap, once he hears me turn it on, he comes a running.   He just needs one more attempt to catch that pesky mouse.  It cracks me up every time.  We know people are addicted to their electronics, gadgets and games.  Apparently they have the same effect on felines.


Look up 'Inspiration' in the dictionary... okay just Google it, since I know you don't have one handy.  This incredible South African Olympic athlete provided plenty of it this month in London.  It really puts things into perspective and how everyone has obstacles in their life, but that doesn't mean they have to prevent us from reaching our goals.


ERMAHGERD! I CERNT STERP LERGHIN! 
I THERNK I JERST WERT MAHSERLF.

Words with Friends
Hanging with Friends
Scramble with Friends
Draw Something with Friends
Matching with Friends



You know I am obsessed with American Horror Story, and the countdown for it's October 17th premiere is on!  Thanks to some awesome short, but creepy teasers, I'm more excited than ever.  We might not be heading back to 'The Murder House this season', but I'm more ready then ever to check into the 'Asylum.'


It's hard believe that Shark Week turned 25 years old this year (I am not old. I am not old. I am not old!) but I was more glued to it this year than any year prior.  Some incredible footage captured this year of one of nature's most fascinating beasts.  Duh nah, duh nah, duhnah....duhnah nah nah nah.


in a few weeks I will get to check out some awesome bands while I'm on vacation.  Little Boots and Ladyhawke are familiar faces in my playlists, but I also got to discover this indietronica duo from San Francisco who are also part of the line-up.  They were definitely my favorite new artist of the month.  They kept my Spotify rocking. I can't wait to  see them do their thing live and in person.  


My evolving palette is growing ever more impressive.  (Pats self on back!)  Joining the likes of sushi and wine... this month, I present the tasty and spicy Sriracha to the mix. I never thought this would find it's way into my fridge, let alone on my food.  It's good on practically anything.  And a tip based from personal experience, you won't find it on the condiment aisle or in the Mexican section.... this is an Asian offering, so look for it there.


Once school wrapped up last May I promised the girls they could have a sleep over at Uncle Casey's house.  Well Summer just flew by and a few days before school started I realized, it's now or never. A packed full day of fun with my Bubbas and Sadester.  We watched movies, wore wigs, snacked on treats, colored, had a bubble bath, fought over my iPad, stayed up until nearly 1:00 am (not my choice) went on a pre-birthday shopping spree at Target, got Happy Meals, watched Ice Age 4, and then back to my house for more quality time with Mit and Mo, and more importantly my iPad.  Pheeew!  It was an exhausting twenty four hours, but it was worth it and hopefully created some great memories for my girls.  Until next Summer when we can make some more!

1 comment:

John B said...

AWESOME, very awesome Mr. C!