Thursday, May 31, 2012

♥LIST: May Edition...




If you're one of the sixteen people on the planet that hasn't yet seen this amazing Summer blockbuster-- get your tush to the theater and check it out.  For the rest of you, go watch it again.  Yes, it's THAT good!

This album just dropped a few short days ago, but like a rocket it shot to the top of the Love List.  Sadly (like with most everything) it was no match for a bunch of super heroes to claim the top spot. (However, three days to #2 ain't half bad!)  With uhmazing tracks like Shady Love, Baby Come Home, and Let's Have a Kiki-- I have been completely OBSESSED.  Spotify, iTunes and iPhone have all been streaming it non-stop. The Scissor Sisters are one of my all time favorite bands.   True to form, their newest creation is already providing me with Hours of entertainment, and will no doubt continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  Living for it!

Oh great, another social media addiction.  Might as well embrace it!  Look me up and be sure to check out super snapshots of my handsome Mit and Mo... and other things too... (Yah, but mostly my adorable kitty-cats.) 

My friend Demetri turned me on to Cartoon Network's Regular Show this month. I'd honestly never heard of it-- and if you're like me, you might need a primer.  The series follows two friends, Mordecai (a blue jay) and Rigby (a raccoon) who work as park groundskeepers for Benson (a living gumball machine). Their co-workers are named Skips (a yeti), Pops (a joyful lollipop shaped man), Muscle Man (an overweight green man) and High Five Ghost (a ghost with a hand extending from the top of his head)  Sounds totally regular, right?  You know who else likes Regular Show?  MY MOM. (Watch the show, so you'll get that joke.)  Most episodes are available on YouTube.  It's awesome!

Time Bomb could be the pop hit of the Summer.  
I'm casting my vote now.  
Tick Tick Tick... Dance!

After living several years at Trolley Manor, it was a pleasant surprise when I found out that my landlord was not only pressure washing the old homestead, but also slapping on a fresh coat of paint.  And we went bold... with a beautiful BYU blue... Recycle bin blue... Smurf Blue...... beautiful Royal Blue accents.  Since I just extended another lease, I also spruced up the porch with flowers and a bold Target welcome mat to match my bold back door. Trolley Manor is now one fancy painted lady.  Home sweet home!


Before Scissor Sisters and Kylie started hogging the air time last week, my computers were playing a steady stream of Röyksopp tunes.  The Norweigen electronic duo's album Junior was my favorite; and the most repeated tracks were The Girl and the Robot, Tricky Tricky and It's What I Want. I love that Spotify helps me discover music from the past.  This was definitely a great find.


After watching her hilarious attempt to make a cheesecake while drunk, followed by the spot on recap of how a diet really works, I knew I was hooked on Ms. Marbles weekly YouTube videos.  This blogger is as funny as she is sassy and beautiful.  She has millions of followers (if you don't mind the swears) you should totally become one as well.  I am. Until next Sexual Wednesday-- I can't wait!



I'm kind of a geek when it comes to this kind of thing.  And not to toot my own horn or anything but I did amazing at this fun brand-identity quiz.  Of the logos I've ever seen... I'd estimate that I got about 85% of them correct.  As for the tricky foreign ones that I've never heard of, that's what the Internet is for.  And technically that doesn't count as cheating, rather helping move on to the next level.  Do I look like I drive a Czech Republic automobile, or drink a Spanish beer?   Available in the iTunes App Store... and good news... it's free!

This is why it matters.
This is why it is important.
Grab some Kleenex, you're going to need them!
Now Watch.

I've been following this New York photographer's blog for months now, but his stunning portraits capturing the diverse, fascinating and lovely New York City residents deserves sharing.  Check it out HERE (and on Facebook).  It's updated daily.  I♥NY... and those that call it home.

My drink of choice this month got renamed in honor of my friend and drinking mate, Jeff's favorite TV Show.  Now it's part of our regular lingo.  Now pass me a "Ancient Alien" and Coke Zero please!

Don't judge!  Admittedly, I feel kinda pervy including this Boy Band on the list.  (Emphasis on 'Boy'... What are they, like 12?)  But, with full disclosure, I cannot deny that I am a fan of their catchy You Don't Know You're Beautiful and recently their Forever Young remake.  File this one under Guilty Pleasure: Now I Feel Old Edition.  

Saturday Night Live just became unwatchable.  
Thanks for the funnies Ms. Wiig.  
You WILL be missed!

1 comment:

candacelydia said...

Trolley Manor looks lovely! And I can't wait for it to have a new (well, new to the Manor) sofa! :)
I'll be checking out the Jenna Marbles videos - I think I've seen the drunk cheesecake making LOL!
Love ta love your Love List!!