Saturday, August 28, 2010

Love List | August Edition...


TWO SEXY RE-MIXES, A COUPLE OF KID SUPER-HEROES
&
11 MORE THINGS THAT MADE MY AUGUST AWESOME


1|DATE NIGHT
As we all know by now, I am a huge Tina Fey fan. If you've ever read my blog or heard me speak, this comes as no surprise. (And of course, Steve is also a fave) So when this movie opened in the Spring, it was on my radar, even though I judged it to be a silly (i.e. dumb) chick flick. My bad to ever doubt my Fey. Sadly, I never got a date night of my own to see it in theaters and thus waited until now to catch it on DVD. The movie was hilarious; the leads had great chemistry and comedic timing (of course!) I found myself 'Lizzing' on several occasions (True and fellow Tina fans will get that reference.) I strongly encourage you to check it out. Plus shirtless Marky Mark is just the cherry on top!


2|TRUE BLOOD:
SEASON 2 & SEASON 3
I thought that TB couldn't get any better than with the deliciously evil Mary Anne storyline (Loved her !) in Season 2... and figured since my home is HBO-less, I'd have to wait a good year to watch Season 3... and that would just suck. (Pardon the pun.) Thankfully my friend Nicole turned me on to a website that streams episodes for free. And I'm now even more hooked than ever before. So bring on the sexy werewolves, and my yummy ASkar. As this season winds down and we all find out just what Sookie IS. Now the question is, how long do I have to wait for Season 4?


3|THE GOLDEN GIRLS
I've caught Betty White fever (again!) only I didn't bother with Hot In Cleveland-- I stuck with a classic. This month I re-acquainted myself with four favorite sassy ladies from the eighties. I've always been a fan of this show but after revisiting I'm struck by just how timeless it really is. This only speaks volumes to it's ground breaking nature in it's day. I remember watching as a kid each week (and now realize how many of the jokes were flying well over my head.) So grab yourself some cheesecake, throw a couple discs in your queue... and thank yourself for being friend of Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia. Check, check and check.


4|DRAGONETTE'S 'MIXIN TO THRILL'
and LADY GAGA'S 'THE REMIX'

Just Dance.


5|THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Each year my friends and I head to Jake's family cabin near Yellowstone, USA. And while it's a great time to just kick back and relax in the serenity of Mother Nature, we still have the addictions of living in the Modern Age. (Translation: every one's cellphones were always with in arms reach.) Anyway, one of my very favorite places on the property is along the banks of the Buffalo River which runs behind the cabin. I always make it a point to slip away and spend some quality me time; thinking and taking in the beauty that surrounds me. It is easily one of my go-to retreats I've experienced so far in my life.


6|DROP DEAD GORGEOUS
Drop Dead Gorgeous came out ages ago. Like, LAST century. I remember enjoying it, enough, but never realized just how amazingly clever it was-- until now. (Also, I didn't know who the hell Amy Adams was way back in 1999! Yup, she's in it too!) Set in the highly competitive (and deadly) world of High School beauty pageants, this mockumentary had me in stitches. It even earned its way the 'buy' list. (Thanks Ebay!) If you've never seen it, be sure to check it out. It'll be one of the most smartest decisions you'll ever make.


7|ZAPPOS.COM
First, you browse the extensive shoe inventory. Then you find and select the perfect pair. Put them in your basket. "What, free shipping?!" "Rad!" Secure the purchase with your credit card (or Paypal, if you forgot your wallet that day, phew!) "What's this? " An email stating they've bumped you to free overnight shipping(!) For FREE(!!) Flash forward to the next day. A new pair of shoes arrive just for you (or as a gift for your loved one) less than 24 hours of when you placed your order. And scene.


8|KICK-ASS

The title says it all.



9|THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT
For me, this much buzzed-about Sundance indie movie was undeniably charming and lovely. I'm glad I made an effort so see it on the big screen. The cast was pitch perfect. (Annette and Julianne, hello! ) It was a joy sharing in their highs and lows, just like any other family. The good times and bad. And the reminder at just what makes a family; Even if it doesn't look just like yours or the way you expect it to be. (I'll toast to that!) It's about love. And I loved this film.


10|OMG! POSTERS
This blog serves as both inspiration and intimidation for me personally as it features some phenomenal creativity for its web visitors. It clearly shows that there are some truly amazing designers out there. I'd like to think that one day I'd be lucky enough to join their ranks. Until then I'll enjoy checking out and being inspired by their work. Seriously, rad stuff! Check it out for yourself HERE.


11|JULIE CHEN
It is a slightly embarrassing to admit that one of your Summer guilty pleasures is watching CBS's Big Brother. I realize and freely acknowledge this fact. But in my defense I've never watched an episode of Jersey Shore, The Hills or most of The Real Housewives of...... series. Does that help restore some of my cool points? Anyway, the Chenbot is awesome hosting this annual TV tradition of locking a bunch of nuts in a cheap television studio for the Summer...
But first, lets head to the back yard to watch houseguests hang off of huge 'wieners' in the HOH competition. (No, joke!) Did I mention that I've never watched Jersey Shore before? I'd just like to reiterate that.


12|LOADED QUESTIONS [ADULT]
and
QUELF

Two new board games found their way into my game closet this year. Since I don't get many chances to play them at home, I made sure to pack them up for the cabin trip. While we only found time to play Loaded Questions, I strongly encourage you to pick them both up for hours of fun. Who doesn't love a good board game?... Not this guy!


13|BRYLEE TURNS FIVE!
Seriously, it seems just like yesterday my little Bubbas was coming into the world and now look at her! Turning the big 0-5! Heading off to Kindygarten(!!) I just look back and reflect on how much I love this little girl. I simply adore her-- and thus spoil her accordingly. She makes me proud to be the World's Greatest Uncle. She's MY Bubbas!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

thanks for the shout out!! :)

LOVE your list!!