Monday, December 21, 2009

Love List | Holiday Edition...


Made a List, Then I Checked It Twice, Presenting
15 Things Making Me Jolly This Month.
.

1. Bad Santa
I've been wanting to watch this movie since it came out in 2003, but it took a good six years to finally do it. Which is a shame, it's Ho-Ho-Ho-HILARIOUS! Billy Bob sure does put the bad in Bad Santa, especially in the unrated version, but the movie still has heart. Which is what it's all about during the holidays, yes? It's already been added to the Christmas Deck-My-Halls classics for next year. [See# 2-7]


2. Elf
3. Christmas Vacation
4. Home Alone
5. Love Actually
6. Bridget Jones's Diary
7. The Holiday
This holiday tradition in my house has grown and expanded over the past couple years. I've always watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone while decking my halls. Since then, a few more holiday themed movies have found their way into my DVD collection. Seeing that I have two trees in my humble abode, there's plenty of time for all six flicks while I'm decorating. Next year it'll be seven, when Bad Santa makes it into the Christmas classics collection line-up. Pretty soon I'm going to have to get another tree just to accommodate all the movies!
.

8. Merry Mixmas
The New Favorite Christmas Album of the Season. (Thanks Nike!)


8. 'Christmas Wrapping'
by The Waitresses
The New Favorite Christmas Song of the Season.
.

10. Evergreen Pine Scent
Even though I don't have real tree(s), my nose doesn't know the difference with the array of artificial (but authentic) evergreen scents I fill my apartment with. I also enjoy the cinnamon pine cones you find at the store. Wouldn't be Christmas without 'em... without having to worry about the dry needles and sap on the floor.


11. A Juniper Creek Christmas
To promote the upcoming season of Big Love (in January!!) HBO unveiled a collection of Christmas carols sung by everyone's favorite polygamist compound clan. With such titles as O Little Town of Juniper, Deck the Compound and We Three Wives, my excitement for Season 4 is through the roof! Hold Tight indeed! [Listen to and download them for free HERE.]


12. Rudolph the Red
Nosed Reindeer
Frosty, the Grinch and Charlie Brown are all great, but this is by far my favorite Christmas classic from my childhood. It first aired in 1964 and has stood the test of time. Plus I have a soft spot in my heart for the 'Bumble.' He's my favorite.


13. Egg Nog
While I technically haven't even had any this season (thanks to my diet) I still proudly consider my self on "Team Nog." With or without or with a little something extra, it's all good to me! (And all you haters can just suck it.. or rather sip it.. Cuz it's YUMMY!)
.

14. Ray Conniff Singers
There's something fantastically nostalgic about the Christmas carols performed by this retro singing group. When they're playing it just takes me back to my childhood when I appreciated the magic of the season. They totally beat the yuletide out of the trendier songs that get all the airtime these days. Search songs HERE.
.

15. Creative Christmas Displays
I'm a big fan of traditional Christmas lighting displays, (read: JUST SAY NO TO INFLATABLES!) but I'm happy to give credit where it is due. I have to award mad props to those very clever homeowners for making me laugh like a bull full of jelly this season. See more LOL displays HERE.
.

No comments: