Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Love List | August Edition...


Sin City Chefs, a Georgia Peach and 11 More
Things That Had Me Saying 'Bravo' This August.


1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs "It's Blitz!"
Heads Will Roll was unquestionably my most played song this month. I couldn't get enough of it! My other favorite singles are Zero (gotta love those lyrics) and Hysteric ... but "It's Blitz!" as a whole is just stellar. Karen O. and Company put out a fabulous album that proved an A+ worthy soundtrack for August. Can I get a Yeah, yeah?

2. Project Runway
After a nine year break (okay maybe it just felt that long) it was great to finally get my PR fix back, withdrawals were starting to set in. Besides, everyone could use more Heidi Klum in their life. She is so freaking adorable... welcome back Mrs. Seal!
With all the legal drama behind the scenes, I wondered if the switch from Bravo to Lifetime would effect the show. Thankfully, in the famous words of Tim Gun, they "Made it work." Now I'm tuning in each week to witness the hot frocks and the 'hot messes' these designers whip up.
.

3. Kristen Schaal & Rhys Darby
Flight of the Conchords is one of my all time obsessions, you probably know that by now (if you don't.. shame on you.) As much as I'd like to throw up yet another picture of Bret and Jemaine (and I did have an amazing photo picked out by the way) credit is also due to the supporting cast of (obsessive fan) Mel and (band manager) Murray. With only two seasons, the series may be over, but FOTC will live on forever in my heart... and on my DVDs... until I wear them out from extensive repeat viewings. Mel would be so proud.
.


4. Ice Nuggets
They purchases a new ice machine at work this month. It makes the little bite-size, crunchy cubes, the kind that make any beverage 25% tastier. In fact, I'm enjoying a Coke Zero with ice nuggets as we speak. Mmmm... crunch. Crunch.


5. Archived Videos of
Disneyland Construction
I've always been a Disneyland geek and probably always will be. So imagine my glee when I stumbled across old footage set up by Walt himself of the construction of the Park. Time-lapse, crane shots, other behind-the-scenes clips round out a wonderful set of videos about the creation of The Happiest Place on Earth. The clips include commentary from three Disney employees who really know their stuff. Watch them HERE, HERE and HERE.
(Thanks to Jake of the Web for the recommendation)
.

6. Top Chef: Las Vegas
Sin City plays host to the newest batch of culinary contestants on my other favorite reality competition of the month. This one is far superior to that other trashy cooking show, Hell's Kitchen, full of it's incompetent nincompoops. These people are actually talented... well for the most part. Plus this one has Padma. Wowzas! Early favorite is Kevin. And the hot brothers are okay too-- if they'd just keep their mouths shut. Plus, bonus points for all the rad tattoos being rocked this season.


7. Failblog.org
Failure has never been so laugh-out-loud funny as this blog proves. My favorites, so far, are the PG-18 rated posts regarding an accidental Facebook Wall posting and a über-zoomed Google Maps Street-View peek into someone's adult 'play room'. The homemade motorcycle is pretty funny too! Check it out, it updates daily. (You can also filter your results if G-Rated humor is more your thing.)


8. Nene
I have never been able to get behind any of the Housewives of [FILL IN THE BLANK] series---except for the Atlanta season. My curiosity arose with Anderson Cooper's publicly admitting he's addicted to the show, and specifically on Team Nene. Now, I can see why. She's sassy, hilarious and dramalicious. Drama might not be good for real life, but it sure makes for some great television! Something Anderson and I can fully agree on. Boop!
.

9. Meryl Streep as Julia Child
Honestly, I had very little desire to see Julie and Julia, the trailer just didn't sell it to me. But went anyway and I'm glad I did. Meryl fully embodied Julia Child. She was totally delightful as the larger than life (literally) cooking icon. I don't know why I was surprised, it's Meryl Streep after all. She can do anything. Mark my words, another Oscar nomination is coming her way!


10. Veggie Crisps and Straws
Costco now sells these scrumptious snacks in individual sized serving bags, and now with new flavors: Sea Salt, Lightly Salted, and (my favorite) Rosemary & Olive Oil. At only ten bucks a case, they proved quite the irresistible treat all month long.
.

11. Paul Rudd
How adorable is he? I Love You, Man was yet another enjoyable notch in the impressive career of Hollywood's go-to-guy. I've been a fan for ages, and I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he so rightly deserves (and hopefully the A-Lister paycheck that comes along with that.)

12. Annie's
"I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me"
... but I don't 'hate' this song!
.

13. Thialark Cabin
This was my sixth visit (at least by my best guesstimate) to Jake's family cabin located in Island Park, Idaho. It was yet another lovely retreat spent with good friends and tasty food and a break from the real world surrounded by stunning beauty. Until next year!
.

1 comment:

Hilaree said...

First of all, I love your blog SO MUCH! Second of all, I agree with everything that you love. And third of all, I think that this not being able to get together is really starting to make me angry. I think that you, Jake, and Garrett need to make a road trip to Boise...just saying!