Thursday, July 16, 2009

G.E.S. Fire...

At 10:00 am on Monday July 13th a 2-Alarm fire broke out at Grantsville Elementary School. It originated from the faculty room stove, but thankfully due to the quick response of the firefighters it was mostly contained to that room. When I heard the news, my stomach sank, it hit me harder than I thought it would... especially in the beginning when it was questionable the extent of damage. I went to Kindergarten through Fourth grade in this building. It is also where my mom worked as the school librarian for the majority of my childhood. The location to the fire was very close so the library where I had spent many Summers helping my mom with book inventory, watching movies or planning kick-ass bulletin boards. It's odd but I am constantly having reoccurring dreams featuring and having something to do with that library. They usually involved me going back and being pissed about how crappy it is without me. But thankfully G.E.S. was spared. Apparently the school sustained significant water & smoke damage but was spared. An interesting tidbit, is it's been around for decades, it's actually (minus some additions) where my parent's went to High School. I'm glad it was saved. Let the dreams continue.




No comments: